Tiwa Savage is amid the ten folks who will be awarded honorary levels at the College of Kent congregation ceremonies at Canterbury and Rochester cathedrals.
As noted by the institution, Tiwa Savage “will be created Medical professional of New music in recognition of her inspirational and intercontinental job in music” on the 15th of July 2022 Canterbury.
Professor Dr. Funke Abimbola, MBE, a C-suite Variety, Equity & Inclusion Chief, Healthcare government, and Corporate Attorney, will also be “made Doctor of Legislation for her inspirational vocation as a senior solicitor and her intensive voluntary function as a mentor and campaigner” on the 14th of July in Canterbury.
The other honorary graduands are:
- Kent alumnus and Emeritus Professor Abdulrazak Gurnah – Physician of Letters for his distinguished contribution to literature and his reflections and portrayal of the consequences of colonialism, the concept of the refugee’s disruption, and the human encounters of a cross-continental journey (Canterbury 11 July)
- Dr Howard Leicester – Medical doctor of Science
- Mark Thomas – Health practitioner of Arts
- Susan Wanless – Doctor of Songs
- Dame Stephanie Shirley – Medical doctor of the University
- Mark Lane – Health practitioner of the College
- Kent alumnus Kush Kanodia – Doctor of Science
- Professor Kevin Hylton – Health care provider of Science